About Rangeley Health and Wellness
RHW was originally established as Rangeley Region Health and Wellness Partnership (RRHWP) in 1994 to address the need for reliable primary health care in the Rangeley Lakes region when the town’s only primary care physician retired. Over the past twenty-three years, RHW has grown into a multi-faceted organization. We have raised millions of dollars to build and operate two facilities (Rangeley Family Medicine and Rangeley Health and Wellness Pavilion) and provide dozens of programs to meet the health and wellness needs of residents in the Rangeley region. We have hosted several visioning forums to identify community needs and play a lead role in determining how best to address them. Our work in creating a healthy community is dynamic and responsive.
RHW has established a number of goals and objectives to meet our broad mission of facilitating and advocating for health and wellness in Western Maine. Specifically we:
- Make certain every person in the Rangeley community has access to primary health care close to home.
- Ensure every person in need of Physical Therapy has access to services close to home with a licensed physical therapist in a fully equipped facility with a therapy pool, and a full line of therapeutic and fitness equipment.
- Provide afterschool and summer programming to help children increase their fitness levels, lower their BMI’s, and demonstrate healthful behaviors.
- Provide and maintain a low-cost, universally accessible space for vital community health-related service providers such as podiatry, orthotics, massage, mental health providers, and community outreach programs.
- Ensure the adult population in Rangeley and the surrounding towns have access to programs and services that will improve their BMI’s, increase their activity levels, demonstrate healthful behaviors, and improve nutrition habits through all ages and all stages of life.
- Provide numerous programs for seniors that allow that population to live and thrive in the community.
- Provide a safe place where caregivers of adults with mild/early dementia can bring their loved ones for Adult Respite Care.
Learn more about all RHW has to offer at: